The village of Pleshevitsa was made to change its name by the Greek
government to Kolhiki. The village is about 8 kilometres southeast of
Lerin. It is on the Lerin Plain at the end of the southern part of the
Pelagonija Basin at 21 degrees 29 minutes longitude and 40 degrees 44
minutes latitude. It is 720 metres above sea level and about 15 square
kilometres in area.
The village borders with the following settled places: to the northwest
with the village Kuchkoveni, to the east with the village Leskovets,
to the southwest with the village Dolno Kotori and to the west with
the village Maala.
Before the start of the Greek Civil War in 1945 about 540 Greek-prosfigi
residents lived in the village. The residents of the village were employed
in agriculture and raising livestock.
< Return to Index or Next
Lerin in Mourning