The village of Lipintsi was made to change its name by the Greek government
to Asvestopetra. It is about 7 kilometres south of the town Kajlari.
It is on the ridge of the Sinjachiko Mountain on the southernmost part
of the Kajlari Plain at 21 degrees 41 minutes longitude and 40 degrees
27 minutes latitude and 634 metres above sea level. Its area is about
20 square kilometres.
The village borders to the north with Kajlari, to the northeast with
the village Durutovo, to the east with Boshovtsi, to the west with the
village S'lpovo, and to the south with Sinjachiko Mountain.
Before the start of the Greek Civil War, about 1,310 residents lived
in the village of whom 960 were Macedonians and 350 were Greek-Prosfigi
migrants from Asia Minor. The residents were employed in agriculture,
raising livestock, skilled trades and other occupations.
In the period 1946-49, the residents actively took part in the organization
of NOF and in the armed ranks of DAG led by KPG with more than 80 active
fighters. 19 gave their lives.
1. Andonov N Vanche
2. Achov V Luka
3. Delijanova V Angela
4. Karavchev D Spiro
5. Karavchev V Dimitri
6. Karajoani H Lena
7. Karapichev F Petre
8. Kirkas Pasko
9. Kodzhafilov G Nikola
10. Kodzhafilov Iljo
11. Kodzhafilov D Aleko
12. Kodzhafilov D Gjeorgi
13. Markov G Ahilea
14. Papalki V Todor
15. Papamanoli N Sotiraki
16. Papamarko S Stefo
17. Sotirev S Slave
18. Stakov V Trifun
19. Terziev T Slave
Of the fallen fighters who gave their young lives there were 17 men
and 2 women.
After the Greek Civil War and the forced emigration from the area and
forced settlement of new residents, the number of residents fell significantly.
In the 1991 census it is recorded that there were 828 residents in the
< Return to Index or Next
Lerin in Mourning