The village Elovo was forcibly renamed by the Greek government to Elatija.
It is about 13 kilmetres south of Lerin. It is situated on the slopes
of the mountain Vicho at 21 degrees 27 minutes longitude and 40 degrees
40 minutes latitude. The river Elovska runs through the formerly settled
Before the start of the Greek Civil War in 1945 it had about 25 residents
all of whom were Arnatusko-Albanian. The residents of the village were
employed in raising livestock and building and very little with agriculture.
< Return to Index or Next
Lerin in Mourning