The village of Rudnik was made to change its name by the Greek government
to Anargiri. It is about 29 kilometres southeast of Lerin and about
12 kilometres southwest of the town of Sorovich. The village is at 21
degrees 37 minutes longitude and 40 degrees 36 minutes latitude and
650 metres above sea level. It has an area of about 19 square kilometres.
Rudnik borders to the northeast with the villages Dolno Novoselsko and
Chaldzhilari, to the south with Rakita and to the west with the Rudnishko
Lake or Vrapchinsko Lake.
Before the start of the Greek Civil War in 1945 about 476 residents
lived in the village of whom 120 were Macedonians and about 356 were
Greek-Prosfigi. The residents were employed in agriculture and raising
< Return to Index or Next
Lerin in Mourning