The name of the village Leskovets was forcibly changed by the Greek
government to Leptokarje. It is about 10 kilometres southeast of Lerin.
It is on the periphery of the Pelagonija Basin on the eastern part of
the Lerin Plain at 21 degrees 31 minutes longitude and 40 degrees 45
minutes latitude and 695 metres above sea level. Area is about 8 square
The village borders to the north with the village Vrtolom, to the east
it borders with Negovanska mountain, to the south with the village Negovan
and to the west with the villages Kuchkoveni and Plishevnitsa.
Before the start of the Greek Civil War about 380 Macedonian residents
lived in the village. They were employed in agriculture and raising
In the period 1946-49, the residents actively took part in the organization
of NOF and the armed forces of DAG with more than 25 active fighters.
9 gave their lives.
1. Aleksov Ruse Kitse
2. Asprovski Grigor Kitse
3. Asprovski Iljo Vasil
4. Gelev Mite
5. Gichov Iljo Trajan
6. Spasov Zhivan
7. Stojanov Gjorgi
8. Shokov Stase Goche
9. Shokov Alekso
After the Greek Civil War and the forced emigration from the village,
the number of residents fell significantly. In the census in Greece
in 1991 it is recorded that there were 186 residents in the village.
< Return to Index or Next
Lerin in Mourning