The village Drobitishta was forcibly renamed by the Greek government
to Daseri. It was about 32 kilometres west from Lerin. It was on the
western bank of Mala Prespa lake at 21 degrees 05 minutes longitude
and 40 degrees 44 minutes latitude and 903 metres above sea level. Its
area was about 7 square kilmetres.
The village bordered the following settled places: to northwest with
the village Vineni, to the northeast and south with the lake Mala Prespa,
and to the west it bordered the village Grazhdano and the former village
Before the start of the Greek Civil War in 1945 about there were 75
Macedonian residents. The village was a fishing settlement and the residents
were also employed in agriculture.
During the Greek Civil War, the residents took an active part in the
organization of NOF and the armed forces of DAG with more than 15 active
fighters and in the time of the bloody battles 3 fighters gave their
1. Anastasovski Risto Goche
2. Sterjovski Dine Lazo
3. Sterjovski Kole Trajko
These details were obtained from Kostovska Lefterija from the village
Drobitishta through Jankulovski Petre-Klej from the village of Orovo
and Abov Naum from the village Banitsa.
After the Greek Civil War and after the great emigration and forced
emigration from Drobitishta, there are no residents left there. This
can be seen from the official census in 1991 in Greece according to
which Drobitishta is a former settlement.
< Return to Index or Next
Lerin in Mourning